Saturday, September 1, 2012

Courtney II

I'm not too happy with the previous picture of my colleague Courtney (see earlier posting below). Here's another. Following advice from a friend who is a real artist, I inspected the painting in the mirror, and immediately spotted something that needed fixing, but wasn't evident when I looked at it head-on, so to speak. Curious!
I'm discovering something strange; the photo readily shows separations of colors that are not so apparent in the original -not my my eye. For instance, I note that highlights with a strong white portion separate themselves from the rest, with an effect that skin looks lumpier than it is -to my eye- in the original. I don't know whether this is a "feature" of the iPhone camera, or the software (camera or JPG). The original is slightly smoother than the photo would indicate.
And here's a photo of the work in progress...

Acrylics on canvas, approx. 46 x 61 cm



No comments: